Wednesday, October 27, 2010

It's official!!!

Well I did it. I finally got a teaching job. What is crazy is the fact that it is my DREAM grade: KINDERGARTEN! This couldn't have come at a better time.

Before this, I was working at a bank. If I couldn't be teaching then I wanted to be doing something more in the business field. It made sense right? I loved being a manager at Bath and Body Works so I wanted to work at a place where I had the possibility of moving up in the company. I was ecstatic when I got this job. After having a mental breakdown about being broke, knowing that I would finally be making money was sooo relieving! Anyway, I went through training and it wasn't so bad. Everyone I worked with was AWESOME and I was having fun! Still, in the back of my mind I was upset that my degree wasn't being put to use. Not only that, but my paychecks weren't NEARLY as good as I thought they would be. Oh well, at least it was something.

My attitude completely changed once I got a lecture in front of a customer. Talk about embarrassing. Most people probably wouldn't care but I consider myself a very professional person when it comes to work. Needless to say, I was very upset. After that there was a manager change and all of a sudden they got much more anal. No matter what we did, it was never good enough. That is a pet peeve of mine when it comes to management. I got so unhappy with my job really quickly. You know the job isn't right when you absolutely dread going to work everyday, BUT I had to keep my mouth shut because it paid the bills and that is what mattered, right??? (curse being a grown-up).

The way things fell into place was unreal. I find out that the Kinder job I wanted a month before school started was STILL open! There was some sort of hiring freeze that kept the position open... what luck! Long story short, I got the job. I got the call while at the bank and almost peed my pants when I heard the voicemail after work!!! The next morning I went into the bank and handed in an immediate resignation letter. They were NOT happy and were actually really rude about it and made me cry (I am a wuss I know) but whatever. That just solidified my decision to leave them AND showed me what bad management I would be under.

Since then, I have been working my butt off at MY NEW CLASSROOM (I will never get tired of saying that). The sub that has been taking over left everything a mess. When I say everything, I mean EVERYTHING. The kids are so behind and this really scares me because I have until the end of the semester to get them where they need to be which is going to be an extreme amount of work. On top of this, the classroom was disgusting. Dirt wise and set-up wise. Luckily Jenny (who is amaaazing) came to help! She was so great. Not only did she help me fix a lot of it all but she helped me with cute ideas for my kiddos. I love her.

So I thought I would share some pictures with ya'll. Don't judge me yet, my classroom isn't even CLOSE to being done!!!

Before:
This mess just bugs me!!! No organization WHATSOEVER! 

Really???



After(ish)
Not even close to done but its workable!


De-clutter AND an actual designated area for centers!


Somewhat ok with how it looks (Sorry for the blur... I only had my phone!)

Like I said, it isn't close to being done but at least its clean and moved around to where I can actually work. I am just going to be constantly working on making my classroom the best! That is why I wanted to start this blog. I have been obsessed with blog stalking ever since my best friend's friend started one (yes Monica, you) and I have been secretly wanting to do one myself but my life was just so boring! I had NO reason to but now I do and I am very excited about it! Lets just hope I can keep it up :)

I am new to this stuff so I don't know what I am doing. How do I even make my blog look remotely cute??? I may be in trouble.

-Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment