Saturday, January 29, 2011

Refreshing :)

It seems as though everything has been falling into place lately when it comes to wedding planning! Which is a huge relief on my part.

I don't know if I mentioned it before, but we will be getting married in Albuquerque, NM. The main reason is because I HAVE to have my grandparents there. I think I would just be heartbroken if they couldn't be and I know if we had it here, they wouldn't be able to make it. Another reason is because I just don't like this area very much... awful I know :) 

I do believe we found the most perfect place for our wedding ceremony AND  the reception which makes me an extremely happy bride. Why doesn't anyone tell you how awful it is to try and pick these places? It was to the point where our weekends and time after work were spent googling different places. Of course we found many gorgeous places but they had a pretty hefty price tag to go along with it. Definitely not happening. Why is it SO expensive to get married? And I hate places that try to show off. We aren't the couple that wants an over the top wedding... Yes I want it gorgeous BUT after looking, I have seen that it comes down to a crazy point and a sensible point. We want sensible. 

After getting over the fun of just looking at places, falling in love, then being disappointed with the price and response, we just started going to websites and emailing them right away. One night before going to bed Kyle got an email that sounded pretty good, and what do ya know? It's fairly reasonable!!! My mom and I visited when we were up in Albuquerque last weekend and I love, love, loved it! It is so old timey and cute! It's a little old Inn but I don't want to share too much because I don't want to jinx it! Kyle and I will be heading up there soon so that he could get a good look and then we can put down a deposit. Once that is done I will be posting pictures! I am so excited!!!

Now that we got that out of the way, we can finally deal with the fun stuff! And let me tell ya, Michele and I went to a Bridal Show and I got some GREAT ideas!  I love it! Can't wait to share some pictures with you guys.

Engagement pictures are next and one of my long-time best friends will be taking them! Can't waiiiiit!

xoxoxo

Better blog post next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment